Temple of the holy Virgin, Bavaniste,
Built in 15th century for the monks and the populace that were fleeing from the Turkish invasion. Up to the 18th cencentury the monastery was spared from bigger demolitions, but was completely ruined in 1716 when the Turks were coming back from their campaign on Hungary. Only in 1856 did the locals succeed to build a chapel on the site of the “miraculous water” that still exists today. The benefactor of the 15th century church is unknown. After the Turks destroyed it, it was not rebuilt partially also because of the ban put by Austrian empress Marija Tarezija on building and renewing monasteries in Serbia. The second large scale reconstruction started in 1997 and is still going on. It is an active male monastery.