Belgrade, Kneza Sime Markovica bb,
The temple of Saint Archangel Mihailo was built at the site of an earlier church from 1728. Following the order of prince Milos Obrenovic this temple was built in the period 1837-1840, and based on plans by Pancevo’s builder Kvarfeld, in classicism style and with baroque elements. Special value has the church’s vestry where old icons are kept, and richly gilded works dating from 17th to 20th century. Within the church are graves of Serbian rulers Milos and Mihailo Obrenovic. In the churchyard are graves of two outstanding figures of Serbian culture – Dositej Obradovic and Vuk Karadzic.