Mother of God’s Ruzica Church
Belgrade, Belgrade Fortress,
It is within the bulwarks of Belgrade’s fortress. Folk memory mentions an older church of the same name from 15th century and the times of despot Stefan Lazarevic, that was destroyed when Turks took Belgrade in 1521. In 18th century the present church was a powder-magazine, reconstructed in 1867/89 into an army chapel. The church was renewed in 1925. Very close by its side is the chapel of Saint Petka.