Roman Catholic Parish Church of the Sublime Holly Cross
Ruma, Glavna 178,
The present church was built in 1813, blessed on the Day of the Holly Cross. Djakovo-sremski bishop, Emerik Karl Raffay, persuades the local priest, count Pejacevic and the parishioners to erect a monumental altar that would be worthy of this church. On 31. August 1845 the bishop consecrates the church. The number of parishioners is in a steady increase, so by 1939 there are about 12.000 worshippers. In 1944 German parishioners leave Ruma before the advance of the front. In 1951 the parish has 3.000 members, and today it fell to only 1.000. In the eighties of the last century basic repairs started. Not much was done, because the number of parishioners is again in decline and because of financial difficulties.