Kneza Milosa konak (lodgings)
Belgrade, Rakovicki put 2,
The Konak is in Topcider Park. Prince Milos built if in 1831-1834, upon project by Janja Mihajlovic and Nikola Djordjevic. During his first reign prince Milos stayed here from time to time, while during his second reign he stayed here permanently, and died in this konak in 1860. In its style the building represents a transitional form between traditional Serbian-Balkan architecture and the acceptance of some elements of central European culture. Now this
building hosts a permanent exibition dedicated to the First and Second Serbian Uprising. Around the konak, between 1831 and 1833, plane-trees were planted, and the trees are still well alive.