Belgrade, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 71,
This is the central scientific library of Belgrade University, the master library serving all University departments. Its aim is to serve professors, students and scientific researchers. The Day of the Library is 24th of May, the day of Slavic educators St Cyril and St Method, and the library was inaugurated on that date in 1926. The forerunner of this University library was the Lycee’s library founded in 1844. It became the Academic Library in 1863 when the Lycee became the Academic School, to change name again in 1905 when it becomes the Library of Serbian Seminary. Finally in 1921 it is named the University Library and located at the Department of Philosophy. Later the Library moves to a magnificent building and is there to the present day. It was named after Svetozar Markovic the occasion of the celebration of one hundred years since his birth.