This is a well kept park with a lot of greenery, in the small valley of Topciderska river, and for already 150 years a popular Belgrade picnic ground. In the spacious park there are several cultural and historic monuments, a spring with cold water, prince Milos’ fountain, a summer stage etc. Topcider is a Turkish word, with Persian origin, and means “cannon valley”. At this place Turks had a cannon foundry preparing to attack Belgrade in 1521. Arrangement of Topcider started in 1831 when prince Milos built his lodgings here, while a church and army barracks came somewhat later. In the first decades of 19th century this whole area had many vineyards and summer villas of the rich ones. On this swampy space of cattail and reed, emerged a first park in Belgrade. Racetrack “Careva cuprija” is nearby.