King Aleksandar Boulevard
Along the present boulevard in the middle of 18th century run the Istanbul road. Little by little the Istanbul road turned into a street that was at first called “Little street by the Golden gun”. Later it became Marko’s street, and after 1834 was named Fiseklija (Cartridge) – because in wooden shops gunpowder was sold packed in cartridge-cones. By the end of 19th century it becomes King Aleksandar Obrenovic Street, after the last ruler from the Obrenovic dynasty. After World War II it was renamed into Liberation Boulevard, then in Boulevard of the Revolution, and, finally, at the start of 21st century it regained its old name of King Aleksandar Boulevard. It is the longest street in Belgrade, runs from Nikola Pasic Square up to the road turn for Veliki Mokri Lug.