Beograd, Kneza Sime Markovica 8
Built from 1829 to 1831 under the supervisionsion of Hadzi-Nikola Zivkovic, the pioneer of Serbian architecture in the first half of 19th century. On prince Milos Obrenovic’s order it was built for his familly, princess Ljubica and the two sons – Milan and Mihajlo. The building represents the best preserved house dating from the first half of 19th century. When Aleksandar Karadjordjevic came to power in 1842, and further on, the building served as the Lycee, Court of appeal, Art museum, Church museum, Nursing home, Institute for protection of cultural monuments in Serbia, and today it is part of the Belgrade City Museum and often hosts different museum and painting exibits. Its permanent collection includes original furniture made in oriental-Balkan style, and different pieces of European furniture of the times.